Worry Stone Enchantment
p u r p o s e - to enchant a specific object with grounding and relaxing energy to provide relief for worrying/negative thoughts/anxiety.
s u p p l i e s
- a smooth and small stone
- your personal favorite essential oil or perfume
- Choose your stone carefully. Smooth stones are best because you want one that you can easily rub with your finger, and you also want to be able to fit it in your pocket. Choose a stone that you feel drawn to and put at ease by.
- Sit down in a quiet area with your stone, no distractions.
- Feel the stone in your hands for a while. Feel its shape and weight, its curves and surfaces. Do this until the stone feels warm to the touch.
- Put a tiny drop of the essential oil on your finger, then smear it on the stone and let it dry or wipe it off before doing step 5.
- Close your eyes, and hold the warm stone in your hands and think of things that make you happy. What is your favorite memory? What do you look forward to in the near future? Shoo away any worries or anxieties, and don’t second guess your thoughts, just think them, and let them flow through your body and out your hands into the stone.
- Do this for as long as you feel necessary: 1 minute, 10 minutes, an hour; whenever you feel like the stone seems “full”.
- Whenever you feel anxious or begin to worry, hold the stone in your hand and run your fingers over it.
d i s c l a i m e r
- This enchantment is not a replacement for actual medical treatment! If you feel like you are suffering from a disorder that is disrupting your daily life, please see someone if you are able to.
- Some essential oils should be diluted with a carrier oil (olive, vegetable, coconut, etc.) before use or they can irritate your skin. Read the bottle your oil came in for proper dilution instructions. If it makes your stone oily, it’s okay to wipe the oil off afterwards.
Searching for my patron deity!
I’m very eager to find my patron deity and have already gotten a few clues. (a skull is a predominant symbol, but that could be any number of gods) How did you find your patron?
I don’t currently have a patron deity, but I have (and still occasionally do) interact with various deities. Their identity might be vague at first, but just make sure to keep your mind “open” and be observant and attentive to what you pick up on.
Also, keep in mind that there is no rush in finding a patron deity, and this one that you are feeling might not even be the best fit for you. Sometimes they just show up, it does not necessarily mean that is your patron! Not meant to discourage you at all, just saying that so if you feel unsure or uncomfortable that you know it’s not a set-in-stone thing.
Regarding the clues — what are the skulls like? How do you feel when you see them? Are they human skulls? Animal skulls? Just lots of different kinds? Where are they when you see them? Why do you feel they are important? All questions to keep in mind when you’re trying to figure out who is reaching out to you.
p u r p o s e - to alleviate unpleasant feelings, and to intensify and help along the healing process for a specific target.
s u p p l i e s
- a jar or container that can be sealed
- green tea
- linden flowers tea
- lemon juice
- mint leaves
- something to represent the target
(Something that belongs to them is best, but please don’t steal anything from the person! A lock of hair, a piece of fabric from one of their shirts; make sure to ask them before using one of these objects. I do not recommend trying to cut off any hair from an animal. A piece of fabric from one of their toys or even shedded fur would be fine. If you can’t do that, you can use a picture of them or a poppet. And if it’s an incorporeal being, see the extra tips section below.)
- small white candle (tea lights are perfect)
- optional: rose quartz, or any other crystals associated with healing or purification you have on hand
- Put all of the herbs in the jar, including the green tea and linden flowers tea.
- Put the object that represents the target in the jar as well. If you’re using crystals, you can put them in now too.
- Boil some water and then carefully pour it into the jar. Mix around everything inside it and let it cool off completely before you seal it.
- Set the white candle on top and light it. Let it burn until it goes out.
- Put the jar in a safe place.
- When you feel like the spell has done its job, remove the solid objects and rinse out the jar completely. Let the solid objects dry, then burn them into ashes and scatter them outside.
e x t r a t i p s
- If you want, you can make the jar into something to give the person, like a small terrarium or a candle. If not, you can just reuse the jar for something else.
- If you feel like the spell is not working correctly, it’s okay to remove the object representing the person and to remake the tea. Just make sure to put the object back in the jar.
- This spell works great at a distance (e.g. your loved one is your target but they live across the country).
- This spell can also have results for incorporeal entities (e.g. people who have passed away that are struggling to move on, friends in the astral plane, etc.), you just need to make sure you have a physical object of some sort that accurately represents them.
- You can also do this spell with yourself as the target!
d i s c l a i m e r
- This spell is not a replacement for actual medical treatment! It is ideal for non-physical problems (grief, heartbreak, melancholy, etc.) but I still recommend seeing the doctor/vet/therapist.
- Make sure you use fire safety when lighting the candle, and don’t leave it unattended! If you need to leave to do something else, it’s okay to blow out the candle, but light it when you get back and let it burn til it goes out.