Haha it’s not literally the blood of dragons, it’s a type of resin from a plant that is often used to make incense (wiki page here). It smells soooo good too.
Cleansing is exactly what it sounds like; you’re literally cleaning, but in a non-physical context as opposed to getting down on your hands and knees and scrubbing the floor. Some people cleanse from time to time to recharge their home with neutral or positive energy, while others only cleanse when something bad has happened in the space or a negative entity has made itself known.
There are lots of different ways to do this, just like there are lots of different ways to clean. Here’s a compilation of methods for you to choose from, but if you find a way that seems to work best for you, use that!
- Burn incense or herb bundles. Some people refer to this as “smudging”, but try to refrain from using that term. Smudging is part of Native American culture and it is considered appropriation by a lot of people when used in the wrong context. However, smoke cleansing is used in many cultures and is a great way to cleanse. Pine, evergreen, mint, dragon’s blood, copal, clove, bay, sandalwood, cedar, and sage are all purifying, protective, and cleansing types of incense that would be good to use.
- Literally clean the space. It really does work! Put on some music that makes you happy, and actually clean the space.
- Scatter salt and protective herbs on the floor. It’s alright to vacuum it all up afterwards.
- Bless or enchant water to sprinkle around. For an added kick, you can infuse the water with protective herbs or a few drops of essential oil beforehand.
- Meditate and visualize your space being filled with calming and purifying light.
- Open the windows and let in all that fresh air, even if only for a few minutes.
- If you worship a deity, leave an offering and ask them kindly to help you cleanse. I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless you already work with the deity, it wouldn’t be a great way to begin interaction with them in my opinion.
- Set up a cleansing crystal grid.
If you haven’t already gotten rid of the negative entity or energy, I’d recommend banishing them first (assuming that’s what you want to do). Otherwise, it would be like having a dirty dish and rinsing it with water; it looks clean, but it actually isn’t. It’d also be a good idea to set up some sort of ward after cleansing to be proactive about future unwanted energy.
If you have any other methods that work for you, feel free to add them to this post!
s u p p l i e s
- white unscented candle
- bowl of clean water
- Sit down with no distractions in the space you want to . Phone off, TV off, and try to avoid music.
- Close your eyes and focus on the place you’re wanting to get this energy/entity out of. Does it occupy a specific location? Does it seem attached to you personally? Think about this for a few minutes so you know exactly the space you’re dealing with.
- When you feel ready, light the candle and say,
"Uninvited, unwanted spirits,
or those who intend harm,
You are not needed here,
Begone. Do not return.”
- Drop the candle in the bowl of water, extinguishing it.
- Remove the candle and dispose of the water outside.
e x t r a t i p s
- Before banishing your target, ask yourself, is there a better way to deal with this? If your house is haunted, maybe the entity is trying to ask you for help. Of course, sometimes it’s just easier to banish them and continue your life. Just keep it in mind.
- Housework metaphor: banishing is like removing all of the garbage, and cleansing is like getting down on your hands and knees and cleaning up afterwards. I highly recommend doing a cleansing following this banishing spell or the effects won’t be that noticeable/lasting.
d i s c l a i m e r
- Make sure you use fire safety when lighting the candle, and don’t leave it unattended!
- This method will work on minor entities, like ghosts, spirits, etc. If it does not work, it’s likely you’ll need a stronger or more specific ritual to get rid of the entity.
gardenofthequeen started following thegreywitch
One of my favorite blogs, following me!?! AHhhhhh!!
wher the fuck do u buy dragons blood
Hello! I absolutely adore your blog... I have kind of a random question, so if you would be so kind as to answer it, that would be lovely :) What are sirens? ( not in a mythological context, more like an occult being) Thanks in advance you magnificent being :3
Thank you so much for the kind compliments!
I have not ever experienced an encounter with a siren, and to be totally honest, I don’t know much about them, even in a mythological context; I vaguely remember them playing a role in The Odyssey by Homer, but not much from there.
I do, however, have a bit of UPG on the existence of mythological entities that I wouldn’t mind sharing. I believe that in the astral realm, almost anything is possible, and entities that might only exist in myths in the physical realm can be very real there, especially if a lot of people are aware of their myths, as it can “feed” them energy to exist off of in that realm. Does that make sense?
To interact with them, you’d likely need to visit them in the astral realm, or in their domain within the astral realm, but I have no idea where you’d find them, or even if it’s a good idea or not. You can try, but exercise caution, and do some research on the mythology of them before you do, because while that might not be your primary interest, I’ve found that it often ties in to their true nature.
Anyone else have any resources on sirens for this lovely anon?
I haven’t been posting or answering many questions, sorry about that. It’s the end of the semester and I’ve been pretty swamped with school and some personal problems. But I’ll be trying to post a bit more and catch up on some asks this week!
Hey! Presence sensing laddie here. No, we just had this discussion at a sleepover three weeks back, and one of my friends shared something absolutely horrific, even though she wasn't too keen, for fear of revoking the presence in her house again, and ever since, I came home, im felt uneasy, I get scared, I can't move, I just know that something is there, and it's watching.
Anon, I’m so sorry it took me so long to respond to this, it got buried in my inbox!
There are a few possibilities for what is going on. It could be that the entity did indeed attach itself to you because of your conversation with your friend about it. Or, it could be that you psyched yourself out and are only feeling these things because you think the entity has attached itself to you. Know what I mean?
Is the presence still hanging around now, or has it dissipated? Also, has your friend had any experiences in the past few weeks, or has it gone away for her?
Either way, I’d recommend doing a banishment followed by a thorough cleansing. I will make a post about both in a few hours with directions if you’re unsure, stay tuned!
Hello :) Sorry if this is too much trouble, but my girlfriend is on her period, and she has very painful cramps... I don't really know anything about witchraft, but she does.. Is there any kind of spell that could help her cramps go away? I can't stand to see her in pain... Thanks a lot :)
I’m not sure how much witchcraft would help in that situation, and even if it could, it might be more of a hassle to do a spell than to just work through the pain.
But I’ve had a lot of luck doing yoga for cramps; it helps a lot to do cat pose and cow pose back and forth. Here’s a picture of what I mean.
Hey ur blog is awesomee!! congrats! I was wondering do you have any witchcraft for mother earth? I need some specific seeds to show but They're not even planning on coming up so I want to tribute in order to ask for it. Any tip?
Thanks!! Unfortunately, I was not blessed with a green thumb and can barely get anything to grow in my tiny little apartment patio garden. I suggest doing some research on green witchcraft, which deals largely with herbs, gardening, and nature. However, I’ve heard bad things about Ann Moura (author of the books Green Witchcraft and Grimoire for the Green Witch).
I found a post by Sarah Anne Lawless (who I personally think is pretty credible) that might be helpful to you, it has a list of some books and links to check out on the subject: Kitchen and Green Witchery.
Sorry I couldn’t help more!
Hey there! For the past three weeks I've been sensing things. Presences. I see shadows. I get up in the middle of the night because of this, or I just don't sleep because of it. Wondering if you could explain? Thanks!
Hmm, I can’t explain exactly what is going on in your situation without having experienced it myself. But maybe you could tell me a little more, and I can do my best.
What do you mean when you say you feel a presence? Does this presence evoke any feelings or emotions within you? Do you only feel them in one specific place or everywhere you go? Was there anything that happened immediately before you started experiencing this? Any other factors you feel are important?